Monday 10 September 2007

About this blog

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is a very old game, and over the years there have been many custom levels created by players. There are so many levels out there now that it can be difficult for someone to know what's worth downloading and what's worth ignoring. With this blog I hope to solve this problem by posting about the best levels (and level packs) JJ2 has to offer. I will be focusing primarily on single player episodes, since I feel that they are much more memorable, and besides that, multiplayer levels are easier to come by (just join an online game!).

I'm a level maker myself, and I have been making JJ2 levels on and off since 1999. Because of this, I have seen almost every noteworthy level out there, and I feel that I'm fairly qualified to run a blog like this. Besides that, this blog gives me a way to promote my own levels, which is always a plus!

I enjoy making levels, and I also enjoy playing them. Hopefully with this site I will be able to get other people to enjoy that too. There is a lot of stuff out there that is very under-appreciated, or even forgotten about. Even if you are a long-time JJ2 player, you might come across something here that you have never seen before. And if you just got the game, this site should have everything you need when it comes to finding good levels!

When I make a post about a level pack, I will do it in the form of a review with a score out of 5. I'll also try to include screenshots, and as much info as possible, as well as a summary of what's good and what's bad about the pack. I don't expect to be giving anything a 1, but there are actually a few "classic" episodes which I'm not too fond of, and maybe deserve a 2. I'll be picking levels on a roughly chronological basis, starting with the very earliest ones and working up to the present. I don't know how often updates will be, but I'll try to make at least 2 a month. No promises.

On top of review posts, I will also make posts about my own projects, from time to time. These will be done in a different way from the reviews, since it would be a bit conceited of me to review my own levels.

3 comments:

Sampo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sampo said...

I will definitely watch this blog!

Unknown said...

This is definitely an awesome move and so far really high quality! Keep up the good work! :)